“Spring 2011 is the epitome of minimalism, reaching a sensual peak with fresh, forward color. Jeweled earth tones are infused with a metallic finish that lends a subtly sleek finish. Cool compliments of sheer and sparkling lips pair with unexpected accents of parrot green and vivid blue.” – Nars
MONSTER BITES: Always innovative, Nars’ Spring 2011 collection (who’s androgynous image is reminiscent of Shu Uemura’s Paradox Mode Makeup) infuses traditional seasonal pastels and brights with unexpected metallic hues. The stand out product from this collection is undoubtedly the Nouveau Monde Duo Eye Shadow. I love the play on traditional silver and gold – a feminine silver lilac paired with a rich olive gold. This odd combination makes for a eerie smokey eye and would be beautiful on any eye color
Nouveau Duo Eye Shadow (metallic silver lilac & rich olive gold)
Bateau Ivre Duo Eye Shadow (rich sky blue & deep denim)
Hollywoodland Soft Touch Shadow Pencil (pale gold frost) *
Celebrate Soft Touch Shadow Pencil (matte parrot green) *
Angelika Lip Gloss (cotton candy pink w/ gold & silver sparkle)
Nana Lip Gloss (deep black grape) *
Super Orgasm Lip Gloss (peachy pink with gold glitter)
Tzigane Lipstick (sheer pink brandy) *
Madére Pure Matte Lipstick (pale nude pink) *
LOOK BOOK: NARS NOUVEAU DUO EYE SHADOW (COLOR BLOCK TECHNIQUE)
1. Start with a clean base – nude shadow primer, no additional color on the brow (use a little face powder to minimize shine), clean defined brow.
2. If needed, define crease with nude brown shadow.
3. Using lilac color, apply sparingly on inner upper lid and lower lash line. You want to see the effect, not the color – since frosted blue toned shadows can make the eyes look crepey and dry vs. bright.
4. Line the eye with a deep khaki green or black based gold pencil. Skip or lightly line areas where you used the lilac.
5. “Smoke” the outer upper and lower lids, concentrating color closest to the lash line.
6. Two coats black mascara.