SIMPLIFY. My “resolution” this year is to minimize stress and get healthy both mentally and physically. A small segment of that plan includes a little purging of my beauty “goods” – which has proven to be much more difficult than predicted. Here’s a photo of before (top) and after (bottom) after a mini purge and reorganization:
The scary thing is there was also a few other shelves that house my spare goods too. Its a bit ridiculous but some women have shoes, clothes, handbags and jewelry. I have La Mer. So I did a mini purge and ended up with a large shopping bag of goodies. First friend to my house gets it.
The Lovely ROAR! will also be a month online magazine moving forward – so I can focus on doing more reviews, editorials and tutorials. Let me know what you Lovelies think!
My warmest wishes to you and yours in 2012 – may it be filled with an abundance of love, laughter and happiness.
Happy Faces in 2012,
Jenn Suzuki, Cosmetic Monster
- WHAT I’M USING – A mini diary about what I’m using on my face this month, including a certified organic serum and exciting new brightening treatment.
- PRO LESSON | SKIN CARE 101 | STEP ONE: MAKEUP REMOVAL – Makeup removal is the most over looked step in skin care. Learn the basics and keep skin makeup-free every night!
- PHYSICIANS FORMULA SHIMMER STRIPS CUSTOM EYE ENHANCING KOHL KAJAL EYELINER TRIO IN BROWN EYES REVIEW
- 2012 YEAR OF THE DRAGON INSPIRED COSMETICS – Get fierce with these fun and fanciful Chinese New Year/Dragon inspired products.
- BIRCHBOX JANUARY 2012 | CONTENTS & REVIEW
- SPRING 2012 COLLECTIONS& DRUGSTORE DUPES- Ooh La La! Can you say color?
The new Spring 2012 collection from Too Faced features two new palettes: Natural at Night Collection ($36) and the Natural Face Palette ($39) which has everything you need to truly create a luminous complexion. Too Faced also introduces their Tinted Beauty Balm ($32) aka BB Cream which comes in four skin tone friendly shades. The Natural Kiss Neutral Color Lip Collection ($24) rounds of a fresh Spring look with healthy nude toned lips.
Price Details: $120 (available exclusively at Nordstrom in-store and online)
One of the skin care questions I’m asked the most is how to get rid of pigmentation. While there are several treatments for annoying sun and age spots – waiting for results can be daunting. Luminaze claims to improve skin tone within 7 days – and exceeds the results of hydroquinone by 14% over 31 days. Personally, I have not been successful with lightening products – they normally irritate my skin, but I’m hoping this will be the answer to my skin care prayers.