The inevitable departure of Summer is always bitter sweet. As the bright pinks and tangerines head out the door (a trend that went from witty punctuations to an all out visual nightmare) we are well primed for the re-introduction of deep, berry stained lips, colorful eyes with a distinctive gothic twist, heavier brows or a fresh, natural face (all according to the Fall 2012 Makeup Report from Harper’s Bazaar).
←MY FALL PICK: La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Cream ($150, nordstrom.com).
Personally, while you can vaguely see in my picture below that my bravery for color did not extend beyond my Revlon ColorStay Longwear Nail Enamel in Rich Raspberry manicure, I will likely fully embrace the decadence of the Fall trends. MAC will introduce a collection inspired by Marilyn Monroe who’s story in Allure Magazine (August 2012) was heartbreaking – but who’s collection will undoubtedly be as well loved and exploited (on eBay) as the iconic star.
← At 9th Avenue Rock House in Honolulu, Hawaii. My favorite hangout for yummy chili cheese fries and belting out Limp Bizkit.
- Omorovicza Complexion Perfector BB SPF 20 Silicone Free BB Cream | Product Review & Ingredients
- Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Shadow in Velvet Plum | Cosmetic Monster ❤ Lovely Bites Quick Review
- Omorovicza Cleansing Foam | Product Review & Ingredients
- Omorovicza Deep Cleansing Mask | Review & Ingredient List
- UPDATE: Sircuit Skin Molecular Mist+ (Made Better) | Hydrating Moisture Care | Product Review and Ingredient List
- Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion Foundation | ❤ Lovely Bites Quick Review
- BeautyFix by Dermstore | Season 16 September 2012
- Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Mist Review | Product Review & Ingredient List
- REPOST: Omorovicza Thermal Cleansing Balm Review | Eve Lom Comparison
DR JART WATER FUSE WATER-MAX SLEEPING MASK ($48, sephora.com). Use this light gel based leave on mask to wake up to hydrated and glowing skin. PERRICONE MD INTENSIVE PORE TREATMENT ($75, sephora.com). This creamy treatment should address the cause and symptoms of enlarged pores. LADY GAGA FAME ($55, nordstrom.com). I expected this to smell as strange as she is. However, the black perfume (which goes on clear) is mysterious, bold and the bottle is a conversation piece in itself. AERIN (as in Lauder) LIP GLOSS IN PERFECT NUDE FOR WEEKDAY ($30, esteelauder.com). Lovely, understated and classic nude gloss easily morphs in to a flattering natural lip for work or play. YSL TOUCHE ECLAT FOUNDATION BRUSH ($45, nordtrom.com). A chic way to apply the YSL Touche Eclat Foundation SPF19 ($55, nordstrom.com) which gives skin a ridiculously healthy glow and radiance.
LA ROCHE-POSAY EFFACLAR MAT ($30.95, laroche-posay.us). As a creep up of the big 40, I’m experiencing adult acne for the first time. I have, on occasion (around once a month ironically) had breakouts of perhaps 1 or 2 blemishes, but nothing like the bumpy mess that I’m experiencing now. It’s at a point where I had to rethink my entire skin care approach.
It’s time to break out (pun totally intended) the big guns.
Enter La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo ($36.95) which packs a mighty combination of LHA and a low percentage of micronized benzoyl peroxide to actively banish blemishes while smoothing the skin. Paired with the Effaclar Mat (AM under sunscreen) which mattifies, refines pores while providing antioxidant protection – clearly making it wearable under makeup or on its own regardless if you have breakouts or not.