The holidays are a joyous time filled with love, laughter, family and friends. But if you’re up to your yuletide with wrapping paper, ornaments, cookies and turkey (or at our house, Hawaiian food) – then you’ll need these twelve curated Holiday Helpers to keep you looking festive and glowing too.
1. A glorious body oil like the Gold Shimmer Body Oil found in the OMOROVICZA BLISSFUL TREATMENT OILS Set ($85, omorovicza.com).
2. Elevate your skin care routine with BLISS THAT’S INCREDI-‘PEEL’! SPA STRENGTH GLYCOLIC RESURFACING PADS ($49 for 30 pads, sephora.com).
3. Instantly add glamor to any look with a plush pair of mink (yes, mink!) JOEY QUAN QUANTUM LASHES IN MINK OUT LOUD ($40, shopjoeyquan.com). These handmade lashes look incredibly natural – like lash extensions without the pricey touch ups and damage to your real lashes. TIP: Cut lashes in half and wear them with the longest lengths at the outer corners.
4. Buff on LUSH LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL ($12.95, lush.com) onto upper arms and chest for super smooth skin that doesn’t need additional moisturizer. FYI: It’s actually a face scrub, but I didn’t like how it felt (a bit oily) – but it smells so yummy that I decided to use it as a body scrub – and loved it!
5. Update your makeup wardrobe with CAT COSMETICS LOVE MATCH PALETTE ($28, catcosmetics.com), a warm shadow/blush combo kit that will warm up any complexion. Add CAT COSMETICS SMOLDER EYE SMOKEY STICK ($22, catcosmetics.com) to complete the look.
6. Add a bit of golden sparkle with BOBBI BROWN SHIMMER BRICK IN 24 KARAT ($42, bobbibrowncosemtics.com). A spot on the eye lid and a touch on the cheeks will instantly perk up your day look and make you cocktail party ready.
7. JO MALONE SWEET ALMOND & MACAROON DELUXE CANDLE ($130, jomalone.com).
8. Regardless of skin type, a double dose of moisture helps to combat dull Winter skin. ORIGINS MAKE A DIFFERENCE PLUS + REJUVENATING MOISTURIZER ($39.50, origins.com) uses Rose of Jericho, Lychee and the epitome of Summer fruits – Watermelon, to infuse skin with moisture.
9. 9. It’s not a cosmetic item, but I can’t think of anything more lovely that a new handbag! This MICHAEL KORS LARGE HAMILTON SAFFIANO TOTE ($398, michaelkors.com) has a structured look but playful lime green color – a welcome contradiction.
10. OR if Santa is on a budget, you can still add a kiss of Kors along with a festive collection of color from Estee Lauder with the ESTEE LAUDER MICHAEL KORS SET | Macy’s Edition ( $38.50 with any Estee Lauder fragrance purchase, macys.com). My favorite Estee Lauder fragrance pick? ESTEE LAUDER PLEASURES BODY CREAM ($38, macys.com).
11. Get your hair up to speed with your fresh, glowing skin with ultra-rich INTELLIGENT BEAUTY RESCUE BAOBAB OIL REPARATIVE HAIR SERUM ($50, dermstore.com). This is one of the few hair products that can revive my crispy, over processed hair back to the realm of soft and shiny.
12. And it just wouldn’t be Christmas (or the holidays) without a yummy scented body wash (+ shampoo + bubble bath) from Philosophy. PHILOSOPHY 3-IN-1 IN ‘TO BELIEVE’ ($20, philosophy.com) has a sweet-tart scent on cranberries and currants PLUS Philosophy will donate 100% of net proceeds from this product to WhyHunger. The packaging features original lyrics from musician, Jackie Evancho, for some additional, make-your-heart-melt inspiration.
MY FAVORITE BEAUTY DISCOVERY: I keep my dry lips and cuticles plump and happy with OMOROVICZA PERFECTING LIP BALM ($45, omorovicza.com) which has the perfect non-sticky texture and light herbal scent. Give cheeks a little shine or mix with a holiday red lipstick to create a wearable gloss. This is by far the BEST lip balm I’ve ever used!