NEW BEGINNINGS…Everyone gets a second chance. Forrest Gump is one of my favorite movies – and the New Year’s Eve scene, one of the girls (Carla or Lenore?) voices the sentiment and I think its one of the most truthful moments in the film. I think everyday offers a new beginning, a fresh start, a second chance. What will you do with your second chance?
Take your resolutions to a new level. Instead of vowing to lose weight – get healthy. Instead of simply saving money – donate more to charity. Instead of working harder – play (with your kids) more. Elevating your resolution’s intent will help give it meaning – and make success more likely. And start now – if you haven’t already. Its so easy to push things onto tomorrow, when the moment you’re in is what really counts.
Happy New Year to you all.
- Garnier Olia Hair Color 6.1 Light Ash Brown | Review & Results
- REPOST: Conju Princess Soap | Product Review & Ingredient List
- Tatcha: The Water Collection | Luminous Dewy Skin Mist Review & Ingredients
- Tatcha Pure One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil | Product Review & Ingredients
- NEW PINTEREST BOARD: Pantone Color of the Year 2013: Emerald
- TOM FORD Ultra Shine Lip Gloss in Wet Violet | Swatches & Quick Review
- Tatcha Polished Rice Enzyme Powder – Gentle, Classic, Deep | Product Review & Ingredients
- Travel Exclusives | Duty Free, Special Sets, Exclusive Products 2013
- Bobbi Brown Pretty Powerful Party Collection (2012) | ❤ Swatches & Quick Product Review
- Bobbi Brown Pretty Powerful Coffee to Cocktails Collection (2012) | ❤ Swatches & Quick Product Review
- A Year in Birchbox | 2012
1. ESTEE LAUDER DOUBLE WEAR FOUNDATION ($36, esteelauder.com). I never realized how long I’ve been using this bullet-proof foundation. The new formulation is thinner and the color selection has changed – but overall, its still my go-to for long lasting flawless skin.
2. CONJU SOAP ($20, custom purchase). [READ MY REVIEW] Still my #1 favorite cleanser with unsurpassed results.
3. SHEILA G’S BROWNIE BRITTLE ($12.95, browniebrittle.com). Evil. In a good way. In a crispy-caramelized-chocolate-brownie-the-size-of-a-cracker way. Once you crack open this bag – its hard to put down.
4. RIB & HULL HEIRLOOM TOTE IN OXBLOOD ($285, ribandhull.com). I obsessed with this bag. The immaculately deconstructed shape and absence of hardware make this my holy grail of handbags. Before 2013 is out – it will be mine.
5. ALL STATE MAYHEM COMMERCIALS. Whoever thought of this campaign is a genius. When I saw this kid version of their commercials – I couldn’t stop laughing because that’s exactly how my little one acts sometimes!
(L-R): BOBBI BROWN BRIGHTENING FINISHING POWDER IN PORCELAIN PEARL ($50, bobbibrowncosmetics.com). This sextuplet of pastel shades finish off as an illuminating glow. ESSIE NAIL POLISH IN WHERE’S MY CHAUFFEUR? ($8, essie.com). This on-trend luminous turquoise reminds us of warm Summer beaches – in the cold of Winter. CLINIQUE ‘HAPPY IN BLOOM’ FRAGRANCE ($48, nordstrom.com) has a happy ladybug bottle and happy sweet floral for happy days ahead. MAC LIPSTICK IN CANDY YUM YUM ($15, maccosmetics.com). This neon pink and previously limited edition shade from the Quite Cute (Spring 2011) collection is now a permanent shade. BUMBLE AND BUMBLE SEMISUMO POMADE ($27, sephora.com). This creamy pomades strong shine and soft hold is the ultimate for feminine pixies and touchable dude dos.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 ($499, samsung.com) It’s not a cosmetic, but this incredible tablet would make updating media and research for Cosmetic Monster more efficient. Since I am already sold (and use) the mobile version of the Note, the ability to customize, S-Pen (which is wonderful for those like me who like pen-to-paper) and new split screen option make this a no-brainer.
I’ll be patiently waiting for the updated version of the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (10.2?) and hopefully with 4G for total portability.