DIFFICULTY LEVEL: Moderate
TIME: 10 Minutes
TOTAL COST: $10
The Smokey Eye is the most versatile and valuable makeup trick that every woman should know. What used to be reserved for rockers and the runway has been translated into a softer, more wearable look – and can even be worn by those of us who have long outgrown raves and the mosh pit.
I gave this Pro Lesson an extra challenge and kept the price tag on this look at $10 (plus tax).
BONUS: This Pro Lesson has an incredible must-have product that cost $1. Yes – $1. That’s less than the tax on my favorite face cream.
e.l.f. Essential Jumbo Eyeshadow Stick in Rock Out ($2), e.l.f. Essential Triple Tip Waterproof Eye Liner Pen in Black ($2), e.l.f. Essential Flawless Eye Shadow in Happy Hour, e.l.f. Essential Regular & Waterproof Mascara Duo ($1), e.l.f. Essential Blending Eye Brush ($1), e.l.f. Essential Lip Defining Brush ($1), e.l.f. Essential Shimmering Facial Whip in Lilac Petal ($1, pictured below).
TOTAL COST: $10
1. Use a tiny dab of Shimmering Facial Whip on the eye lids, blending with your fingertip up to the crease. Don’t apply to the brow bone (it looks tacky). You can add a tiny amount to the inner corners of your eyes. This $1 wonder also works well as an under eye brightener under concealer.
Swatches: Eye Liner Pen in Black, Jumbo Eyeshadow Stick in Rock Out, Shadow in Happy Hour (Top – Bottom): Liner, Crease, Lid, Base.→
2. Use the Eyeshadow Stick to thickly line the upper and lower lash line. Blend lightly with finger tip. This gives the shadow a secure base and helps it last all day.
3. Emphasize your lashes and eye shape without using too much black liner by using the Eye Liner Pen to press color into the upper and lower lash line.
4. Use the Blending Brush to sweep the “Crease” eye shadow on upper lid – up to the crease. Blend a small amount of the “Lid” color into the crease as a pop of color.
5. The Lip Defining Brush is the perfect size for precision shadow application. Smudge a tiny dab of the “Base” shade on the lower lash line and inner corners. Apply the “Liner” shade to smoke the liner, add depth and shape eyes.
6. If needed, intensify look with a second application of Eye Liner Pen.
7. Curl lashes and add 2 coats of Waterproof mascara to top and bottom lashes. Intensify top lashes with a coat of Regular mascara.