SUMMER 2013 : TRAVEL RETAIL EDITION
Discover another world of cosmetic products at travel retail locations like DFS Galleria Waikiki. You don’t need to be a tourist (maybe just play one) to gain access to exclusive products, shades and special sets. Popular brands like Estee Lauder and Bobbi Brown are also available – and you don’t have to pay sales tax! Keep an eye out for whitening products and exclusive shades on available in the Asia market, early access to products that haven’t hit the US market (I tried MAC BB Cream about 6 months before the US release). While you’re in Waikiki – be sure to check out Sephora and Nature Republic too!
CC Cream and away we go!! Grab this next-generation of perfecting formulas to protect and perfect when you don’t have a moment to spare. Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream is available in 6 standard shades and 3 additional Asia shades (Natural Fair, Natural and Fresh Peach).→
Be sure to take a look at the second group of top 3 COSMETIC MONSTER recommended products for Summer 2013 – there were so many to choose from! Stay safe, stay protected and have fun!!
$85 | Available at cremedelamer.com, select department stores and select travel retail locations.
That love-hate relationship I had with unglamorous or ineffective sunscreen? GONE! There was a mild level of skepticism when I opened up the LA MER THE SOLEIL DE LA MER COLLECTION : THE REPARATIVE BODY SUN LOTION SPF 30 ($85, cremedelamer.com) during our recent stay at Ko’Olina Beach Club (Kapolei, Hawaii). Yes, the tube is lovely, the formulation feels like a luxurious body cream and has that familiar La Mer scent…but does it work?
Like a dream. With proper use (applied generously 20 minutes prior to exposure and reapplied every 90 minutes or after a dip) this was the first time I walked away from a vacation with my sun-water-loving family without a sunburn. The nice surprise was my skin felt and looked softer plus my husband commented how good I smelled.
Now that the vacation is done –LA MER THE SOLEIL DE LA MER COLLECTION: THE REPARATIVE BODYSUN LOTION SPF 30 sits vigilantly next to my must-have La Mer the Moisturizing Cream and gets used regularly and with pleasure.
Bobbi Brown celebrates brides and Summer with collections featuring delicately shimmering products that flatter every skin tone and marital status.
1. Limited Edition BOBBI BROWN TUBE TINT IN BRONZED PINK ($19, bobbibrowncosmetics.com). From the Nude Beach Collection. This refreshing minty tube of gloss has the perfect bronze tint with just a touch of pink. Undeniably flattering for all skin tones. Also available in Air Kiss (pink nude), Naked (nude brown) and Pink Cloud (light bright pink).
2. Limited Edition BOBBI BROWN LUXE PALETTE ($60, bobbibrowncosmetics.com). From the Bridal Luxe Collection. A collection of soft pastels in matte and sparkling textures + a matte deep chocolate brown that can be used as liner. This is a wonderful accent palette that adds a little romance to any look – night or day.
3. Limited Edition BOBBI BROWN LUXE SPARKLE POWDER ($44, bobbibrowncosmetics.com). From the Bridal Luxe Collection. This glorious powder looks deceptively like a disco ball in the container – but layers on a ethereal shimmer to the cheeks and eyes. Even a little pat over lip gloss gave it a new life.
Click Image to Enlarge (L-R): Luxe Palette Look, Creamy Lip Color in Bronzed Pink vs. Tube Tint in Bronzed Pink. Luxe Sparkle Powder.
(L-R) Cream, Pink Opal, Oyster Grey, Pink Pearl, Pink Lilac, Espresso
Bask in the glow of Summer with a collection inspired by the sultry shades and exotic scents of the Caribbean.
This Summer, Estee Lauder indulges the senses with an alluring fragrance and color collection embodying the golden sands, flourishing palm trees and exotic elements of a remote Caribbean paradise – introducing the NEW Limited Edition BRONZE GODDESS COLLECTION.
1. NEW ESTEE LAUDER BRONZE GODDESS POWDER BRONZER ($36, esteelauder.com). Give skin a warm, sun kissed glow with this silky smooth bronzing powder – housed in a glamorous tortoise compact. Now available in four shades, the buildable pigments in this long-lasting bronzer warms the complexion and naturally contours.
Available in: Light, Medium, Medium-Deep and Deep.
2. Limited Edition ESTEE LAUDER BRONZE GODDESS EAU FRAICHE SKINSCENT (3.4 fl.oz. for $60, esteelauder.com). This re-invented semi-transparent golden bottle houses a exotic scent that captures the sensuous heat of the sun (radiant amber, coconut milk, sandalwood, vanilla, vetiver and myrrh), the silky softness of warm sand (juicy mandarin, sicilian bergamot, lemon and pulpy orange) and the radiance of bronzed skin (tiare flower, jasmine, magnolia petals, orange flower buds and lavender).
OTHER PRODUCTS IN THE COLLECTION: Luminous Liquid Bronzer, Illuminating Powder Gelee in Heat Wave, Pure Color Sheer Roller Gloss, PureColor Liquid Eye Liner Duo in Black Sands.
Believe it or not, Hawaii is a mecca of unique and hard-to-find beauty products. Since tourism is our biggest industry – retailers big and small offer locally made concoctions and products from around the world. All under our Hawaiian sun.
1. SHEA TERRA ORGANICS ROSE HIPS BLACK SOAP ($19.95, Neo Plaza | Waikiki, Hawaii). This unassuming shop unapologetically caters to their Japanese clientele (even their website is in Japanese). However, within its doors lies a surprising collection of under-the-radar brands like Tokyo Milk (best fragrance packaging ever), Marula Oil and local brands like Island Bath & Body. I picked up this amazing face wash and was impressed with the diverse selection of skin care, nail polish and gift items. Show them your Hawaii Driver’s License or State I.D. before they ring you up – they will give you a nice kamaaina (local resident) discount.
2. THE FACE SHOP FACE IT AURA CC CREAM ($39, The Face Shop | Ward Warehouse or McCully Shopping Center in Honolulu, Hawaii). These shops are like candy stores for cosmetic lovers like me. The colorful and diverse products (plus reasonable prices) make for a pleasant shopping experience. This CC Cream (available in 2 shades) was my latest purchase – it provides SPF 30 (PA++), is long lasting and provides medium, brightening coverage. Best for light to light/medium skin tones.
3. OLA HAWAII CANE SUGAR SCRUB IN COCONUT LEMONGRASS ($24, hawaiianbodyproducts.com, lilikoibeauty.com or Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas or Kapalua Spa in Lahaina, Maui ). Made with Hawaiian cane sugar, organic Hawaiian honey, coconut cream and coconut milk – this softening, exfoliating scrub sounds more like a dessert you find at a luau! Also available in Island Tuberose and Paradise Plumeria.