Cosmetic Monster is a thoughtful collection of all things lovely, healthy and happy!
Name: Jenn Suzuki Age: 41
COSMETIC MONSTER? After working in various areas of cosmetics/beauty for almost 15 years, I decided to leave the industry and started a small children’s illustration business, STARR CANDY. This easily explains the cartoon monster icon. The idea behind Cosmetic Monster has morphed into a “lovely, healthy, happy” place – encompassing all the things I find wonderful in life. Sometimes that means an incredible organic face scrub, a perfected eggplant sandwich recipe or on occasion – a whimsical balloon sculpture.
Cosmetic Monster is something I do (and take very seriously) during my spare time. There is no money being made (in fact, I probably spend more than I should doing “research”) and is really something done from the heart. Think of me as your own personal cosmetic shopper! I welcome inquiries and alternate points of view.
SKIN TYPE/SKIN TONE REFERENCE:
Skin Type: Combination/Sensitive
Skin Issues: Visible pores, sensitivity, redness (mild rosacea) and minor breakouts.
Skin Tone: Medium with very yellow undertones – I tan golden.
Foundation Matches (Medium): MAC NC35/40, Bobbi Brown #4.25 Natural Tan, ♥ Jane Iredale Golden Glow (I would say this is my “true” skin tone), Estee Lauder Double Wear Rattan or Tawny, Maybelline Fit Me 230, Laura Mercier Vanilla Beige, Oxygenetix Almond, L’Oreal Buff Beige
Foundation Matches (Tan): L’Oreal Sun Beige, Lancome Teint Miracle Bisque 7 (a bit tan), Luminess Air #5, Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation in Beige, Oxygenetix Honey
My professional cosmetic education started with studio makeup techniques and expanded to the following premier artist brands: Bobbi Brown, NARS, Laura Mercier and Shu Uemura. I actually had to do a makeover as part of my job interview for Bobbi Brown! Over the course of my cosmetic career I’ve lead product and artistry trainings, makeup lessons and a variety of cosmetic events.
- Shu Uemura Product Specialist/Artist (2 years)
- Laura Mercier Product Specialist/Artist (2 years)
- NARS Product Specialist/Artist (1 year)
- Bobbi Brown Product Specialist/Artist (3 years)
- Bobbi Brown Counter Manager (2 years)
- Body & Soul Boutique Manager (1 year)
Worked with brands: NARS, Kiehls, Urban Decay, Hard Candy, Theirry Mugler Angel
- Body Shop Colourings Specialist (6 months)
- Studio Makeup Artist (2 years)
- Freelance Makeup Artist (Weddings & Events)
WHAT YOU WILL FIND AT COSMETICMONSTER.COM:
- In depth product reviews (or QUICK REVIEWS if you just want it short and sweet), complete ingredient lists* and buying guide.
- NEW! Storybooks – combination editorial/product reviews with ingredient lists, special features and information.
- Fun cosmetic related editorials and buying guides, Pro Lessons, simple How-To guides and more!
COSMETIC MONSTER is also an AD FREE ZONE – no affiliate or sponsored ads or links. I pay to keep this blog free of ads – but provide readers with precise and easy to follow links to retailers without receiving any monetary compensation.
Cosmetic Monster, Cosmetic Editor